Is This Role Right for You?
This is a 100% remote, part-time role.
You are a client media whisperer with a digitally savvy PR point of view. You are solution-oriented KPI and deadline driven.
Our consumer PR division continues to grow, and we want some key people to grow with us.
You have a secret thrill for being organized and love a concise but compelling email. Sometimes you see a piece of news and KNOW there’s a way to use that for your client, and you can rally the troops to make that happen. You hate being the bearer of bad news, so you consider it your job to keep the strategy and its execution at top speed.
We are a growing agency looking to develop solid and ongoing relationships.
- 6-15 years of media relations, agency environment preferred.
- 3+ years freelancing
- Professional presentation skills
- Able independently manage time and deliverables
- At least three years of experience working in similar part-time agency roles
- You have experience in at least two areas of consumer PR: DTC, CPG, lifestyle, home goods, consumer tech, or beauty products.
- Develop client media lists and keep media lists updated.
- You will handle the day-to-day media management and ensure media relations are on-brand and proactive.
- Monitor consumer macro trends for the relevant story ideas.
- Monitor consumer journalists and social media for trends and ideas to support media relations.
- You will research outlets based on the parameters provided.
- Monthly clip reports.
- Client meetings (1-2x/month)
- Create product briefing sheets
- Monitor the sample request sheet to ensure the client sends product samples.
- 30-40 per month (most of which are self-determined)
- 4 hours per month of meetings (internal and client)
- 6-15 years of successful consumer PR
- Creative media mind
- Ability to “read the tea leaves” and make strategy pivot recommendations
- Organized and professional, and reliable
- Available during business hours
Microsoft 365, including Teams
Signal AI Media Monitoring
The hourly compensation for this role is between $75-$125/hour based on experience in consumer PR + performance bonuses.