For sometime now, I’ve talked at you and with you about social media karma and best practices. However, we all create our own rules and definitions for what works for us in social media conversations. Conversely, we all have our own expectations about what a brand/company does with their social media profiles.
If there is one thing I’ve learned from my various social media audiences, its that you too have opinions about the care and feeding of social media persona. You sometimes agree with me. You sometimes disagree with me, but you always have opinions (oh, my how I love that about you)!
Today, I’d like to invite you to share, what YOU expect and want to see from brands and companies using social media. Go ahead, let it all out. Tell me your peeves, your dreams and your ideas about how brands/companies use social media. I’m really curious about your thoughts.
Specifically, I’d like to hear from you about the following issues (but feel free to share more or less).
- At what point do you get “brand fatigue” in social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter?
- Do you expect brands/companies to respond to you when you mention them either directly or indirectly?
- Do you really follow brands just to get discounts and special offers?
- Do you expect brands and companies to have a view point or just deliver information?
- What makes you decide to follow a brand or company in the first place?
- What brand/company do you personally follow that you think “get’s it.” Besides Zappos. =)
I realize this is a purely qualitative project, but that’s OK. Also, on Twitter, I’m going to use the hashtag #sociallyspeaking to discuss this. Feel free to use that hashtag with your 140 character opinions too!